#2 Intentional Intentions

9:00 PM

Today I slept in till 10:30, enjoyed a cup of coffee downstairs, and watched a little Hart of Dixie, it's been my new fix lately.

Stephen asked why this was on my phone. Blogs people. Blogs.

I laid around for another hour or so, until Stephen finally woke up. Monday is going to be a rude awakening when I have to actually wake up before the sun. Don't remind me.

I headed out to try and grab a new scarf at Kohls, no luck. 

Anything in this Jeep is beautiful.
Headed then to Publix to grab some grub for tonight's get together. I slowly put together our food for the evening in between washing my hair, redying our kitchen curtains, and getting dressed. It was another chill day mixed in with my excitement and anxiety over company.

Of course the evening was great, as we chowed down on spaghetti, salad and bread with Jenn and Robbie. We topped off the night with pumpkin pie and two rounds of Spinner, which Robbie murdered us both times! Come on now. 

Now as we wind down the night, I near my husband as he sorts the day's Hotwheels sales, and I reflect on my goal to be intentional with people and investing in their lives. Another person touched today on my list of people I want to reach out too better. 

I let myself a few days ago get pretty down in the dumps about my lack of effort of pouring into those around me, and being a true friend. On the wings of Nicole's post today, we as Christians need to be discipling at least one to two people, and while I feel like I am close to at least starting with one person, there is no way I can do that, if I can't be growing closer to God and at least be a friend to those I love.

So here is to being intentional in my time with the Lord, and intentional with those around me! Can't wait to see what this year holds.

You Might Also Like

0 comments