#20 Chicken Tenders and Laughs

10:00 PM

Today was another day that I realize I have begun to blow things out of proportion-hugely. I've been meeting with Becka for a while, and she's been discipling me. I honestly don't know how this process is supposed to go, so I've been along for the ride. I think a combination of what happened a couple of weeks ago, some sin in my own life, and Becka feeling frustrated at my lack of effort--well it all came to a head today. I went home feeling a bit frustrated and dejected. Most of all though I realized I'd not spoken my mind really with Becka. I hadn't been honest to her or me about what God is calling me to.

I realize I don't think I'm called to be a missionary--although Becka is helping me to define that--which we'll see where that goes. But I am called to live on mission for God, and I have some ideas on what that may be. I more so see using my talents to glorify God, and to bring awareness to and help facilitate taking the gospel to the nations. And I also had to define nations, which I feel like I'm getting set up, and am going to give the wrong answer on the test. Hmph.

But today as the day came to a close, Stephen and I went and grabbed dinner at Chick-fil-a. This man is awesome. He goes and gets my icecream cup when they mess up my chicken tender kids meal. He just does it. I don't have to ask.

As we sat there in the quiet dark Chick-fil-a restaurant, sitting at our high top table looking out the window into a cold dreary night, Stephen retold his story about speaking with some timeshare people about a stellar deal on a vacation. He confidently reassured me he'd tried every possible way to prove or disprove if it was a scam, and he determined it to be valid. He's cute when he defends himself--although not cute when he keeps reminding me how horrible I am to smash the dogs tail in our sliding glass door--don't look at me with those eyes! At the end of their conversation, the guy on the phone needed to validate information from Stephen to finish.

Timeshare Man: "Are you still currently at ____ address?"

Stephen: "No, actually I've moved since then. I'm now at _____." 

Timeshare Man: "Can we call you at _________ number?"

Stephen: "Yes, that's correct."

Timeshare Man: "Are you still over the age of 25?"

*Long Pause*

Stephen: "Well actually I HAVE gotten younger since then. I'm Benjamin Button."





You Might Also Like

0 comments