#13 Simple Day

11:00 PM

Unfortunately with work being an odd week, and my lack of diligence, I am a bit behind in posting this! Today I spent the evening with my parents. We had bbq sandwiches and mac and cheese, where I analyzed the green and red specs thinking it was mold. Come to find out my dad got spicy with the mac and cheese and put some pepper jack in them.

Can't explain how good it is to spend time with my parents. It's odd that transition from them being the overbearing parents (even if they really weren't), fighting their decisions, and feeling like they know nothing, to now being your friends, the people you confide in, the people you enjoy seeing, and them being family and not just parents. It's a great transition, but I'm not sure when it exactly takes place. When you go off to college and begin making your own choices? When you return after college and finally have a career? When you run off and get married? When you're established in a home you've bought, with cars you pay for, and dogs you spoil? Who knows exactly, but it's odd to see your parents in such a new light, when you spent so many years thinking of them in one way.

Ipsy is the bomb. Like really.
Ipsy bag is in!

Excuse my lack of eloquence. Ipad typing is challenging to get wordy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments