#87 Calming Anxiety

8:49 AM

I feel like my Thursday night anxiety is slowly starting to subside. For a while there it really was propelled by a particular individual causing a lot of hostility in the group. Then for a while large crowds were a bit overwhelming. Then it was having to lead our small group. But the Lord is slowly reminding me there isn't anything I have to do to make this whole thing work, other than being obedient. So where I feel like I royally suck at handling certain people's attitudes or leading our small group, being obedient in the task means God shows up. God uses those shortcomings and makes some good of it. Plus knowing I need to be available to what God may have in store those evenings, whether it be to be an encouragement to someone, to show friendship to another, have words of wisdom to speak into someone's life, or to be there to simply be challenged by the Word--God uses those things and needs me to be present to do so.

It's peaceful feeling at ease again on Thursdays. Before the night was over, Sarah and I spent some time cleaning the kitchen. She's got such a servants heart, and her doing what she does best allows others to do what they do best. God's body working together.

We headed out afterwards to IHOP. Spending time talking with one another and fellowshipping into the wee hours of the night.

You Might Also Like

0 comments