#92 Setting Suns and Turning Pages

5:02 AM

Back to the grind today after a long weekend. Only plus, we have a short work week too!

Sometimes these days I have "off" from ministry, obligations, scheduled dinners, etc. are some of the most "boring on paper" days, but to me the best days. While I don't get to enjoy spending time with family and friends, I do get to spend time with Stephen in mundane moments--which are far from mundane.

Tonight we headed to Subway for dinner--one of the few things not upsetting Stephen's stomach right now. Came back home, and watched American Ninja Warrior before my mom came to pick me up to walk the dam. We talked about how there never seems to be a bad sunset here. People scattered along the dam, sitting, standing. People with their truck tailgate down, using it as a bench, backed up to face the setting sun. All watching. All taking it in. Sitting in the silence of God's majesty.

We walked till it was completely dark, one of the few times I've realized how nervous I get approaching complete strangers in the dark. But one by one, we passed a smiling face--no threat to be found.

Back home, Stephen and I watched more of American Ninja Warrior until my eyes were too heavy to keep open. I ventured upstairs before Stephen, soaking in a few minutes of On Folly Beach. Seriously it's been two weeks since I picked the book up--so don't get the wrong idea out of me, that I'm some sort of real reader or anything.

Stephen and I talked for a bit before I fell asleep at his words.

Again it's these forgotten moments that comprise my life and make it all worth while at the same time.

You Might Also Like

0 comments