#103 Rainy Day Pool Party

5:40 AM

Naturally waking up, even if it's almost 11 in the afternoon, is like the only way to wake up for me. Alarm clocks are my enemy. Deep seated anger for many years. I'm afraid they get the blunt of my anger in the mornings. But this morning, just the sun to wake me up. It completely changes my day.

While Stephen slept in, and I read my book, the humidity was already saturating the air outside. By the time Stephen woke up, we both began working--me inside, and him outside. He moved the cars around, sold some tires, and expanded more of our patio area, which is FINALLY ready for liner and rocks, which means we'll be ready for gravel hopefully by the weekend.

I cleaned up inside, but then managed to dirty up the kitchen again--which happens in like 2 minutes. But thankful it wasn't nearly as big of a mess as it could have been if I hadn't of cleaned before.

We headed out around 6 pm, with cupcakes I'd made--but after I finally exposed my secret to Stephen about how ugly these things looked, we opted on more professional desserts to bring to the party. We arrived at the Summers who had cooked a whole spread for all 30 people that showed up. It was a lot of people in such a small pool, but sometimes being squished together brings you a little closer right?

While we'd had thunderstorms and showers almost all day it seemed, and the worst right before 6:30pm, it cleared up beautifully the entire time we swam, and not until we were out of the pool and cleaning up the house, did it start to drizzle again. God held off the rain for us.

Before we left, we shared prayer requests, making our times together as a college and career more focused and purposeful as we enjoyed Ben's devotion with us as well. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments