#91 A Happy Fourth

8:56 PM

After a long night we slept in till about 1pm. I haven't done that since college. It was so nice--thank goodness for black out curtains--but at the same time so weird. It's hard to not think I'm missing the whole day if I sleep in that late. But nonetheless, glorious and made me semi functional today.

We laid around the house until around 4:30pm when we rushed over to my parents for an Independence Day celebration with them and the Joiners. We enjoyed bbq, corn, beans, and deviled eggs. As well as some peach cobbler with icecream to end the day.

Even though I was half awake, these kind of simple moments are becoming more and more cherished in my heart. It's the small things.

I'll leave you with a shot from the other night, but we also got to enjoy a smaller view of this out our window tonight as neighbors shot off a firework display right outside our house in the culdesac, and we began dozing off to the NY 4th celebration over the Hudson River.


A photo posted by Brittany Prahl (@diednsaved) on

You Might Also Like

0 comments