#201 A New Year

8:30 PM

Well I think it's kind of appropriate that my New Year post should be post #201. While unfortunately it does not say #366, I feel like #201 says it's the first day (1) of the second year of writing this little blog (2). The blog no one sees, but I think my heart needs to just remember all the goodness God pours into my life.

There are times I realize God has given me a very even kilter personality. Not much ruffles my feathers. Stressful situations seem to bead off, and I can hunker down and make it through to the other side. I'm reminded God is still in those moments, and I think that God-filled joy He gives is what keeps me going. But the one thing I realize that can bring me down much quicker than any life circumstances, are my own thoughts. My worrying thoughts, my self-doubt, past hang ups. It's like when the enemy knows he can't get to me through things going on around me, he fills my head with lies that eat away at me--quickly.

But looking back at this blog, I realize those thoughts are deafened by the simple joys that life brought this year. The simple joys God still continues to bring into my life on this new day in a new year.

Today was a rainy, mucky, miserable day. These days I love, but every now at then they can throw me off my game. So after lunch at Miyabi Jrs with our church crowd, I came home to rest some aches and pains. But when I woke up, as Matt put it, "I feel like I've woken up in a new year." See what he did there? But seriously, it was one of those naps where I felt like it was day time when I went to sleep and night time when I woke up, but it was actually still day out, so that doesn't make sense.

Thankfully I took an hour or so to try and shake it off with a cup of coffee on my soft cozy couch, and around 7pm we headed out to meet up with Philip and Makayla to go see Sing. Was actually a really cute movie. The more I hang out with these fine folks, the more I realize how awesome they are. So glad to have my little group of people I feel extremely comfortable with expanding.

So today was filled with the simple joy of friends, and even though today brought some self doubt and worries mentally, God quickly took those things away by the end of the day.

Happy new year!! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments