#203 Quiet Nights

5:04 AM

As of the past few weeks, we've not had our ladies Bible study, nor have we had Monday night get togethers at Steve's. Which please be praying for his family. They had some home issues turn up, and are having to deal with the aftermath of water damage in their kitchen and laundry.

Back to the point, I've not really had much I've HAD to do the past few weeks. Talk about a change. It's the silence and flexibility I crave, and honestly I don't know what to do with it. So after my first day back at work, I came home and slept. For like 2 or 3 hours.

Not the best use of my time, but between a lack of sleep last night and some sickness I'm starting to have to fight off, was probably what I needed.

After Stephen got back from Bible Study, I woke up to watch the new episode of Fixer Upper. I've also recently become addicted to a fan Facebook group for Fixer Upper. It's everyone putting up photos of things they are doing in their home or asking for advice. It's getting to play designer, without having to actually design anything.

I also worked on some dreams for our back guest bedroom today.
I have some of the coral pieces, so I'm trying to determine if navy is the right accent color.

But in the massive list of other things to do in our house.... 
  • Caulk and paint the baseboards downstairs from the floor redo
  • Paint and install shelves in the laundry room
  • Install light in the laundry room
  • Finish up the backyard pebble/gravel patio
  • Replace the front porch railings
  • Paint the hallway leading upstairs
... No idea when this bedroom would actually get done, especially with our house guest being here. 

But I am weighing whether it is worth going ahead and buying that rug. 8x10 for $100. Hmph.

Oh and all my worries from yesterday, about assuming the worst and it being the worst. Maybe it wasn't quite the worst, like I thought--there you go again God. But nonetheless I've got a friend choosing to ignore me and others, and it hurts. It hurts to have people push you away when you mean the best, and when you just want to help their hurts.

But lesson learned God, lesson learned.

You Might Also Like

0 comments