#228 Exploring Tiny Towns

8:46 AM

While Augusta is a big draw for the Masters Golf Tournament, I'm not sure what else there is to offer in Augusta. Proves there is a lot. While the weather was a bit nippy, we managed to find a warm little breakfast spot at The New Moon Cafe (funny enough the same place I enjoyed some coffee from in Aiken last week).

Interior

I enjoyed their Augusta grits, which had avocado, salsa, bacon and more making it into a very spicy grits concoction. But man was it good. Stephen had a hearty breakfast with all the essentials like eggs and bacon and a Nutella hot chocolate on the side. I had a Machete Mocha coffee, which I think gave me enough heartburn for the day. That thing was spicy.

We then went down to the Riverwalk, which was a bit nippy with the wind picking up.

Little bare right now, but the bridge and walking area were beautiful! 

After we'd frozen ourselves enough, we ventured around town driving through the Old Towne district, and found ourselves on the North Augusta side.

We got out to find gators at Brick Pond Park, which no gators, but it was beautiful!

No Tufted Tittymouses either. That's a thing.
We went on the hunt to figure out what the mills were in the distance and found these two beautiful buildings. Old Gun Powder Mills...

The chimney is the Confederate Powder Works Chimney
One last stop on our tour ended at the Saluda Rapids Park, which was stunning! We enjoyed every moment before we headed home to our AirBnB to try and catch the sunset on the river.

A photo posted by Brittany Prahl (@diednsaved) on

We ventured out after sunset to Boll Weevil Cafe. Delicious shrimp and grits and creole pasta, and a take home Red Velvet cake with cheesecake in the center. Yep you read that right.

PS. I realized last night my baby shower was not Sunday, but actually today. Hate our trip away made me miss it, but I know I'll get to see the lovely Brittany and her baby Avery soon!

You Might Also Like

0 comments