#171 Sick Day and Shopping

3:35 PM

My morning was laying in bed, and stumbling around the house, since I'd woken up with a crusty nose and sore throat. The cold is not gone.

And while most dates don't go quite like this, Stephen and I headed out this evening for a night of shopping. Because we are both in dire need of some clothes and shoes. While we didn't come away with everything we might need, we did get a ton of stuff for $50 at Kohls, everything on Clearance, with another $10 Kohls Cash to spend later.

I'm so happy I enjoy seemingly mundane moments with a man who makes me laugh and enjoy chores like having to go shopping.


A Family Recipe

Gma Hilton's French Toast
This is the sweet version of French Toast. The kind where you don't need syrup.

4-6 slices of bread
2 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of sugar
Cinnamon
Butter

In a large bowl whisk two eggs, 1/2 cup of milk, and 1/2 cup of sugar. Dip bread in mixture, and make sure both sides are covered in the mixture. Butter a hot pan/skillet, and after placing covered bread on pan/skillet, sprinkle both sides of bread with cinnamon. Cook until bread is browned or "done". ENJOY!

I can't eat French Toast any other way... PS. I'm not certain those measurements are exact, but that's okay!

You Might Also Like

0 comments