#124 Birthdays

5:16 AM

This morning I woke up incredibly too early to head back out to Camp to finish our Saturday registration--for like 10 people. Nonetheless I got to enjoy a fun drive back again, this time in the early morning. The morning light an empty yellow glow.



I headed back to Columbia around 9 am. Stopped by Stephen's work on the way back in. Brought him some candy and a soda, before I headed out again onto the road to go back to home. I needed to get home and change, and also grab Jackson's Birthday present before going on to the party for his 1 year celebration!

I hit traffic. A lot of traffic.



I finally got turned around, on the entrance ramp to the interstate. Thankful for cops who ignore your blatant disrespect for the law and even stop traffic to let you pass through.

Got to see one of my many second families, the Robinsons, and this little goober stuff his face with cake.
He's the best.
The day and the heat had already taken its tole, and so Stephen and I headed back from the party to our house to take a nap and get some rest.

Stephen was open to a moment God had laid out for him--aka he got to spend time with a neighbor who is in a bit of a crisis in his life. I on the other hand was lazy and slept for about an hour. We got ready soon after to head out to my parents for dinner--my birthday dinner.

We spent the evening talking and eating, and I even received a sweet gift from my parents. A Vera Bradley makeup bag that will replace my old bag, which has seen a lot of use.

It was the simplest, but most pure birthday I could have asked for.

You Might Also Like

0 comments