#120 More Storms

12:24 PM

Another round of thunderstorms rolled through tonight. I'm soaking up each moment of it. So as I left the driveway this evening, I had to stop and take some video of the rumbling thunder, strikes of lightening and the pillar of rain falling in the distance.


Although Zen and Jason spotted me on their way into our neighborhood to meet up for the guy's Bible Study they've been having the past couple of weeks. Hence the "Hey" in the video.

Before I pulled out the neighborhood, my phone went off with a text from my mom. She was asking if we wanted to wait till the storm had passed. "Really, Mom? How big of a storm could it be?" Well big. I quickly called her and told her I hadn't expected a hurricane this evening, because between the crazy lightening flashes and flooding roads, it was about as close to a hurricane as we probably will see this year.

We both made it safely to Wal-Mart and proceeded around about 6 or so times, finishing up with some grocery shopping. We stood by our cars before heading home, talking about some family issues going on.

It hurts my heart to think marriages can get to a spot where one spouse just doesn't want to keep trying. I know there are many circumstances which can bring spouses to that point, but being a newbie at this marriage thing with 5 years under my belt, it's hard to imagine at any point wanting to give up on Stephen or have him give up on me. It hurts worse when a family member is going through this, and it feels like they were blindsided by the whole thing. To have your children turned against you, because your spouse feels vindictive enough to spread lies to them--just how did they get there?

I came home to find the guys sitting in an increasingly warmer home than when I left it. Matt assigned to duty of fixing the thermostat, which had suddenly turned off. After multiple guys trying to fix this thing, they finally realized they could test the breaker and be sure they hadn't blown a fuse. So they switched out a couple of fuses, and sure enough the A/C came back on.

I opened my new book, another Karen White novel, The Time Between. It's weird because the last novel had a much more wholesome main character, and while I didn't really love her character in that book, this new girl is quite the opposite. Not a war made widow pining for her dead husband, but instead a guilt filled woman who has at one point been with her sister's husband and sleeps with random strangers. Thankfully Karen White's novels tend to gloss over sensual material, so as not to read anything too risque!

You Might Also Like

0 comments