#270 Surprise Lunch with Melinda

6:41 AM

Stephen and I were walking to the car a little after lunch to drive over to Lowe's to pick up a few items for the backyard, but mainly to get me out of the house because I was starting to get a little bit of cabin fever. As we stepped out the door I saw Melinda getting out of her car walking towards me. Asked her how her daughter Hailey was doing, and she mentioned she was going to come ask me to lunch.

So instead of just the two of us, Stephen joined us too. We went to Panera Bread and ended up sitting there for about two hours just talking about how the earth may be flat, kids growing up, and entrepreneurship.

As scary as it may be for me to think about Stephen starting his own business and us not having the most stable income for a while, it's always amazing how God keeps putting people in our path who want to help Stephen along the way. Melinda has been through managing her own business for years now, and they are about to open up another business this month. So her connections and advice I think could prove really valuable in Stephen's venture.

God keeps trying to ease me into this, and trust me I really appreciate it.

Later tonight we had my parents over for my Mom's 69th birthday! We ate Hudson's BBQ, had some baked scones from Momma Rabbit's and played Spinners--all things my mamma loves! Matt was even able to join us for a bit.

You Might Also Like

0 comments