#178 Paint All the Things

9:26 AM

Sometimes I'm afraid all Stephen hears about my job is the complaints, because there's not much out of the norm that's exciting--just because I've been doing this for almost 5 years.

But today was the abnormality. Today, we had our staff meeting late due to the hurricane last week and scheduling with field staff this week. Apparently having a meeting at 2 pm in the afternoon when everyone is alert and really ready to go home, is about the best for humor and the worst decision to get anything accomplished.

I cry laughed the entire time. And when nothing was funny, I'd think about things that I'd been laughing at and start it all over again. Good thing Laurie thought me laughing was hilarious, because I--well all of us really--were a huge distraction. But it's really a blessing when we can all just finally lay back and cut up. It doesn't happen often enough.

After getting home this evening, Stephen ran out to go pick up Josh for Bible Study. He'd promised to bring me home a Mexican Pizza from Taco Bell. I waited, and waited. A few of the guys showing up to the house already. Since I had a few chores to do out on the town, I decided I'd run out before Stephen got back.

Buying paint for the trim and walls for the downstairs area and some heartburn medicine (and fair tickets!!!!) put me back later than Stephen. I walked in to find him with fork in hand about to eat my Mexican Pizza. All the guys told him he better wait, so when I walked in, laughter erupted. I then exclaimed "I would have murdered you!" which sent them into laughter again. I got my pizza. All is well in the world.

Headed upstairs for a night of watching shows, reading, and working on a hymn sign for a coworker--which keeps coming out way worse than I imagine it should. Gotta get back in the rhythm of this.

A photo posted by Brittany Prahl (@diednsaved) on
We will be painting trim tomorrow night, most likely. Pray for us. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments