#188 Carolina Girls

6:41 AM

Today I headed over to Donna's house to head down to Myrtle Beach for Carolina Girls. This is a weekend for our North Carolina and South Carolina teenage girls to come together to not just learn and worship, but to do outreach in the community.

I've never been to this event. I didn't know what to expect. While some things could have been done differently today, honestly I'm excited about what this weekend holds.

We had about 200 girls come together tonight for a few snapshot conferences (just little tidbits they could learn about camp, or how to do a new form of outreach) and then for a worship service.

Andrew Mann speaking... my phone is really takes terrible photo quality

They got to hear from Andrew Mann who is a pastor in the South Bronx, Mott Haven neighborhood (which is where I interned for a summer!), and from the Haneys, a husband and wife who serve in Sweden ministering to the musicians and artists of the area. The Haneys lead us in worship, and it was nothing short of the Spirit moving in that place. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments