#186 Fair Food Galore

6:29 AM

Tonight Stephen headed to the state fair with David and Jason to go see Alabama in concert. Alabama is a little before our time, but Stephen caught himself up this week on their music by listening to YouTube on repeat.

Since I had nothing going on, and two entrance tickets and some ride tickets burning a hole in my pocket, I convinced my mom and Jaye to come venture to the fair with me.

From Above
There's just something about the fair that while it doesn't seem like it should be appealing is. I think it's all those years of anticipating the day in grade school. Knowing you'd get a day off of school, or go here on a field trip, or spend the evenings surrounded by your best friends stuffing your faces full and making yourself sick on fair rides. I mean I do have a history here...

Some of the best friends I could ask for... 

Making our snowmen bookmarks at the fair

We so cool on the ferris wheel

Getting sick on the Himalayan.. by far one of my favorites

Looking like infants on the ferris wheel
So it was really fun to get to experience this with my mom and Jaye. We filled ourselves way too full on anything from fried okra and mushrooms, to funnel cakes, to doughnut burgers, to strawberry lemonade, to frozen bananas. So good.

Searching for food


Ran into Philip and Makayla as they were about to get on the skylift. Unfortunately didn't get to hang out with them, but I think we've got a trip to the mountains soon we'll plan with these two lovebirds.

We did enjoy the pig races, which was a first for Jaye. It's fun showing the northerner how we southerners do it, but honestly she's probably more southern than I (I mean she really wanted fried okra and boiled peanuts..something fierce).


A video posted by Brittany Prahl (@diednsaved) on


We also got to see Pastor Rich's infamous photo that everyone is taking a picture with from church..

His picture from Kenya
 After seeing the guys at the chicken area...

Giant chicken award goes to.... 
My mom and I hit the skylift as we waited on Jaye.

So grateful for such a fun and wonderful mamma
And we left soon after, but not before we grabbed a few more goodies to head out with. Such a fun night. Such fun memories.

You Might Also Like

0 comments