#179 Sweet Mentionings

10:05 AM

Yesterday on my way home from work, I sat side by side with a spider. A fat spider. I'm not sure what word these spiders are sending out to everyone, but they're all showing up. They ain't tiny--I've built up courage towards the tiny ones--they are HUGE. Okay, medium. But that's huge. Trust me.


If you were a good room-mate you'd know I hate your kind. So there.

Stephen killed it for me when I got home, but not before I had to mad dash crawl across the front seats, yank up the lock, and jolt out like I was on fire. I am pretty sure I could play Chinese fire drill like a champ now.

After getting dinner rolling, more on that later, I stood in the den waiting for the water to boil for the pasta. Stephen began telling me about how he actually listened to one of the sermons on HIS radio today. It happened to be on marriage, and it was funny hearing all the things women already know about themselves and men that apparently men are unaware of.

Like why women get upset on their 5th anniversary when their husband is excited about the fact he's saved up $150 for their anniversary. He exclaims last minute, "Lets go to a nice restaurant, and I'll even let you choose! Then with the extra money we'll go pick you out some nice house trinkets that you like to put everywhere. Wouldn't that be nice?" To only then be in an argument where your wife is unhappy, as you go back and forth about what restaurant and how she'll eat anywhere, just you as a husband need to choose! 

At the end you're all confused as to why she's upset, when in reality it's because one you don't know her favorite restaurant or because you didn't just choose a place ahead of time to take her, and two she now has to pick out her own gift. No forethought into the whole evening and the fact this should be a special moment.

Among other things they discussed were what the most important thing in a relationship is to a woman, communication, and also the fact that in the Bible it's never mentioned that a wife has to "agape" love her husband. This self sacrificing, never relenting kind of love. My first thought was because a husband is the one commanded to give himself just as Christ gave himself for the church, but this speakers take on it was that women already show agape love. It's in their nature. In their being. Their DNA is wired for them to give, and give sacrificially. Whereas for a man it may not come naturally. It's a choice, a decision, something they have to think about in order to do. Interesting thought.

Also Stephen mentioned the fact that women constantly analyze their relationship, and when things seem off they take it personal. Guys typically don't express themselves too much or too well, and therefore that leaves a hole that the wife has to fill trying to figure out what is going on with their husband, and since he won't explain, must be them! Women will question then if their husbands still love them.

Well amen, amen, amen to all of that! So after telling me all about the sermon, Stephen began to express sweet and kind words to me throughout the night. More so than normal. He paid extra attention to me, helped me in extra ways around the house, and then even shared that he desires to read this speaker's book because he think it would be beneficial to know this information.

Sweet man.

Dinner tonight was the best kind of comfort food. One of my emeal recipes, and it's so simple. It goes something like this...

Ham & Pea Pasta

Bowtie Pasta 12 oz
Sweet Peas Frozen 16 oz
Ham Slice/Steak (already cooked at Aldi's) 2 cups chopped
Alfredo Sauce 12-16 oz can
Heavy Whipping Cream 16 oz
Parmesan Cheese 1 cup

Boil pasta as directed. Last 3 minutes of pasta cooking, add in frozen peas. In a small sauce pan heat up alfredo sauce and cream. Once pasta is cooked and drained, add in chopped ham, sauce and cream. Sprinkle cheese on top, or stir in. Serve


So good. So easy. So deliciously unhealthy. Add in Pioneer Woman's best bread ever, and this is a meal that will put you to sleep in no time. It did just that, but I did wake up to paint half the downstairs trim with Stephen.
I can't paint without it getting on me. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments