#239 Tough Weeks

5:02 AM

This week has been tough for my other half. Like really tough. He's capable of so much, and so its very rare to see him feel down or defeated. While he's not defeated, he's licking some wounds, but I know he'll be back on top again in no time.

I hate to say this, because it's a moment where I feel like God is teaching me instead of him, and for Stephen to have to go through hardships for me makes my heart ache. More so I guess it's just God using our circumstances to teach me. But for a while now I've been beyond hesitant about Stephen to pursue his dreams of a used car dealership--in fact I've been scared.

I've wanted all our ducks lined in a row before we take the next step, when sometimes in reality I think God asks us to step before we've got it figured out, before we've got the courage to step out, and asks us instead to trust Him first.

I realized praying to God on my way home from work today, that God has let us fill up our storehouse. There's a reason for that. Since day one of us getting married it's been my intent to have 6 months of savings built up, in case we were to lose our job we'd be covered for a good long while.

He prepared us for a time like this before it was even a thought. Because I know, somewhere down the line whether it's now or later, we will have to use what we've stored up.

But now more than ever I want my husband happy. So whatever that takes, I think I'm finally ready for us to do that.

The rest of the day was spent cuddled up on the couch with Stephen, halfway between awake and asleep,and then an early night since Stephen has started going in at 5 am to catch up on things.

He's a workhorse.

You Might Also Like

0 comments