#85 Camp Days

7:56 PM

So one of the biggest parts of my job is doing all the office stuff for our missions camp for girls. Camp La Vida has been around since 1983, and brings missionaries from all over the world to be accessible for girls in SC to meet and spend time learning from them. It's really a unique camp, and makes such an impact in the lives of so many girls--including my own as a kid.

Today I got to spend a day out at camp with our staff and a few of our campers, getting to see a little better of the ins and outs of all they do. Sometimes it's easy to forget that there is more than just names on papers--that there are actually real campers, staff, and missionaries that spend hours and days at camp. Putting faces to names I read, write, and type really makes me feel like all I do does have a purpose and meaning. It's hard to remember that sitting from behind a desk.

We mainly got to plan out a lot of different ways for us to use social media to our advantage and bring camp to many girls right at home, sparking a desire to come experience the real thing. Our staff is so exceptional--it's ridiculous. I mean I can't express how blessed we are to have the staff we do, doing an amazing job for weeks on end as they dedicate their whole summer to this.

Our girls are already rocking our social media--posting this incredible sunset that I think must have set all over South Carolina tonight.

A photo posted by Camp La Vida (@camplavida) on

You Might Also Like

0 comments