#64 Dam Walks & Dam Talks

6:15 AM

"Dam" puns. So clever.

Morning Lake Murray Shot


Well this isn't my photo, and while this photo was today, it looks like a morning image. Tonight I walked with my mother across the Lake Murray Dam. While we still haven't made it completely across, we've definitely been walking about 2.5-3 mile round trips, which has gotten surprisingly easier over the course of 3-4 walks.

My mom had hip surgery a few months ago, and instead of continuing physical therapy, as long as she keeps walking it keeps her loosened up. So we've been going about 2 days a week together to walk the dam. Neighborhood walks are good, but seeing the sun set on a summer's evening with the breeze of cars whizzing past, and the Columbia skyline in the distance, well the dam has neighborhoods beat.

Today was exceptionally beautiful. The day was super clear out, so no humidity to really distort the sunset, and the colors that spread across the sky highlighting every wisp of cloud and ripple in the water was so beautiful that we had about 4 photographers set up taking as many shots as they could before the fisherman floated back to shore and the sunlight was completely gone.

Why don't I take my phone/camera with me more often? Psh. I'll learn.

You Might Also Like

0 comments