#62 Sheets & Stories

11:19 AM

So I am strongly influenced already by Erin Napier and her blog--obviously trying my hand at this blog of mine. But she also has some other small influences on me, especially when the timing of her blog post on her new bed sheets came right when I realized we had only jersey/winter sheets, as all of our other ones have torn (from Stephen's efforts of tugging on the top sheet to have the crispest straightest sheets possible) or they are a hodge podge of different patterns or discolored or holes. I didn't realize how bad it'd gotten.

So I had to buy a set of these Erin Napier approved sheets. Lets just say these sheets are absolutely the right texture and are perfect in every way. Really. I'm not overselling that. So this bed is getting close to perfection--but the linens, those are definitely perfection. We have our breathable, getting-softer-with-every-wash linen duvet cover, a great mattress, and these amazing Threshold Vintage Wash Parcale sheets. Now I just need a good bed frame, mattress pad, and comforter insert, and it'll be the best bed on the planet.

A photo posted by Brittany Prahl (@diednsaved) on


Also, Stephen came with me for the first time ever to the Lexington Library. I thought he was deceiving me when he said he'd never been in there--which actually I know he is fibbing, because I've shown him my hand print that is tiled on the front wall of the building--oh yeah I'm famous. It's yellow in case you go looking for it.

I decided I need a good bedtime routine. Something to unwind the day with, instead of staying up till the crack of dawn, trying to unwind using the internet and tv. It doesn't work. So hopefully now maybe an hour before bed, I can wash my face, brush my teeth, change into pjs (who am I kidding I'm already in them), climb into bed, speak with God for a bit, and drift off as I read a few pages of a book. So I picked up Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter, which is not my normal choice in books (but can I say I really have a preference, when it's been like 2 years since I've picked up a book that wasn't the Bible or my devotional book?). It's set in 1970s Mississippi, and  is a bit of a murder mystery. Managed to read one chapter tonight, so maybe I'm not so bad at this reading thing as I thought.
Those sheets though.

You Might Also Like

0 comments