#80 Under the Weather

6:51 AM

Little under the weather today once I got home. I drew all the curtains closed in the bedroom, closed the bathroom door so no light would creep in, and I ventured to take a nap in our cozy bed before we headed to church tonight. Stephen came in about 30 minutes later, and let me know he was going to work on the car for a bit.

By the time church rolled around my back was aching and my stomach was nauseous--two things that seem to come hand and hand. So I stayed home.

But I think I needed this moment to prepare for the weekend. More and more I'm learning my balance of alone time and people time, and it's weird feeling like I have to make space for that alone time instead of vice versa.

I just got to rest. I got to watch a movie. I got to sleep. I got to be in the quiet of my room. It was a needed moment and a reminder to slow down.

You Might Also Like

0 comments