#291 Seventy It Is

5:05 PM

Tonight Stephen and I headed over to my parents house for an early birthday get together for my dad! He is turning 70 on April 19, and that is too crazy for me to believe.

You should be aware he hates birthday parties. He hates getting gifts. That makes it really intimidating when you WANT to do something and you WANT to get him something.

I could only remember having bought a yard stake that's a decorative piece made out of spoons/forks to comprise a dragonfly--one of our inside jokes. I knew it'd be sentimental enough and unique enough he'd appreciate it, instead of dread it.

But right before we left, I remembered I had a Christmas gift that arrived late for him. So I had held on to it for the perfect moment--THIS MOMENT.

He doesn't actually have a Nikon.. it's a Sony

My dad LOVED it. I mean was falling over himself at how funny and useful it was. So glad he liked it, because I figured it'd be another trinket.

The rest of the night my mom quizzed Stephen on his business plans for the car dealership, and honestly hearing his answers made me feel even more secure in him quitting TCI. He knows what he's doing. We'll figure this out. God will provide a path for us.

You Might Also Like

0 comments