#34 Discipleship is a Process

10:30 PM

So tonight I met up with Amber, who I am suppose to begin discipling. Steve really wants us to start this, but seems to think we should wait till the end of the month, which is good, but seems forever away! Amber and I hung out and just talked about life, but also looked at some scripture to try and have a better understanding of what God's Word says about discipleship. It was eye opening, although I think I took us both for an adventure with 22 scripture verses. But I loved that we covered everything from following Christ whole heatedly and what cost that comes at, to loving others because we are commanded to and Christ loved us, and then ending with how we are to not only invest in the lost but continue growing those of the faith in the faith and helping them get closer to God and his will.

Then we just chatted. And I can't help but feel that it was just a perfect way to open up a new friendship and means of communication. I'm pretty excited, yet nervous. As one of the verses we read said, "Follow my example, as I follow the Lord's." I wanted to scream "PLEASE DON'T!" But as someone leading another, I should be following my own advice, but mainly following the Lord's will and be an example. It's a high standard to live up to, and keeps me accountable.

You Might Also Like

0 comments