#112 Stranger Things

4:41 AM

After getting home from work today, Stephen and I chit chatted for a bit before I began folding laundry and watching Stranger Things.

I mean.. even this poster transports you into the 80s.

Pretty sure this is the new Breaking Bad or Orange is the New Black series--in that it's taken the Netflix community by storm. And if you've not been watching it, well you should.


 I think my favorite thing about this show is the 80s nostalgia, that well I never lived through, but that Stranger Things captures so perfectly here. This is every Stephen King, Goonies, Super 8, Spielberg movie wrapped into one. The music is spot on for this era, and well you just feel like you're living through some sort of typical 80s thriller (like this somehow was really an everyday occurrence in the 80s for the average American) but in the best way possible.

Stephen and I took a break from the show, and played Bananagrams twice--it's like the only game Stephen can beat me in. So he beat me, twice. Matt came home, and showed us his new magic trick, which I was finally able to see some of how it worked, but goodness if I'm not the most gullible magic trick person there is. My mind can't wrap around the deception. Before we went to bed, I needed one more episode of the show to cap off my night. Although, now I'm a little down in the dumps that I only have 2 episodes left--why is it only 8 episodes?! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments